Skip to main content

"Moore" Art


Well 2011 is well underway & I'm only just surfacing to say hello. Hello! I thought I'd chat about a fav collage artist of mine, Tisha Moore. Tisha, who BTW I've never met but been a fan of for a good 10yrs, lives in neighbouring Seattle. She has evolved her art way beyond personal interest. She is integral to a number or annual retreats, such as Artfeast & Fiberfest. She holds workshops & is a guest speaker at many events. Additionally she's designed for Stampington.

Before I go further, check her out. How cool is all that?

What I love is Tisha's use of colour, her "jaunty" juxtapositioning of elements. I love how she seems to design with abandon. Always a strong focal point but energy & vibrance abound. And of course her ever present & obvious love of typography! She offers a great overview of her style on her journal pages. I'd like my bedroom to feel the way that looks!

After immersing myself in her Journal Pages for the past 15min., I have found myself in Tisha-inspired dreamland now & I am very happy. So many concepts, so many textures, so many colours...

Enjoy. Be inspired. Use a glue stick today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Culture Crawl

The Eastside Culture Crawl in East Vancouver BC is an annual art crawl that takes our city by storm. The hub, at 1000 Parker is a weekend event within itself with literally floors of artisans occupying an old factory warehouse building... which is perfectly decrepit and artsy. My favourite is always Jill Pilon, at Watershed Studio. Her new linear series is brave and forward feeling. Clean in a collage-messy way. She is a huge inspiration to me. Currently I am focusing on more transfer technique discovery on cardboard. Nothing more freeing that playing on cardboard. Minimal material investment = more relaxed approach. I hope that, like me, you will make the most of staying inside during the winter to create and paint. The seasons are meant to inspire; use them to the fullest! ~ Kathryn

Only a Three Sleeps Left...

Until the Opening Reception of Delivery! My darling Barry hung the show for me today. And an exceptionally talented writer friend of mine, Vicky Tran , wrote an extensive article about it which she has posted on her blog (dated May 15th). Have a read if you want to learn lots about me, my process & the Delivery collection. Drop by Havana's on the Drive this Sunday, May 18th, between 4 and 7pm for the Opening Reception. Show runs until May 28th. I look forward to seeing you there.